Partnership Growth / Business Development
PeopleConnect is hiring for our People Search Division as our business is GROWING!!! We are looking for an experienced Partnership Growth/Business Development professional to build and manage our business development program. Do you have a relentless drive to take ownership and achieve results? Do you thrive on signing new partners and closing sales? Are you looking to build a business development practice area? If so, then this may be the opportunity for you.
PeopleConnect People Search is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
We are currently working remote and anticipate moving to a flexible hybrid work schedule in the Fall 2021. Employees enjoy flexible work hours every day whether working remote or in office. Our hybrid work schedule will offer flexibility to work from home a few days a week and work in office a few days a week. Additional flexibility may be considered for candidates outside of the greater San Diego area. When in office, employees are able to enjoy our state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown, Petco Park and the San Diego Harbor. Our dog-friendly office includes complimentary snacks, beverages and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)!
We offer very competitive salary + generous bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here!
You are a motivated self-starter with a strong background in tech-based business development. You have a strong track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships. You enjoy developing first-of-kind strategic partnerships. You are ready to build, grow, and own our business development strategy.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and new business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company.
- Develop a robust prospecting list and consistently curate based on the performance of existing partnerships and affiliates to focus on the highest-value opportunities.
- Research industries to understand current trends and unique challenges.
- Lead strategic outreach into high-value companies and affiliates to drive interest for PC’s partnerships and affiliate marketing.
- Design compelling sales decks and messaging based on a thorough understanding of PC’s brands, features, benefits, and diverse knowledge of each company’s unique attributes.
- Delivers convincing pitches while effectively handling objections that arise, tailors content/style to each customer, and writes persuasive and thoughtful email content.
- Execute a consistent sales process while gathering data on where you’re having success in order to drive iterative improvements that will lead to a high level of performance.
- Sets clear, realistic objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into component tasks that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
- Serve as a thought leader to prospective partners, delivering unique insights to highlight how our business can move theirs forward.
- Collaborate frequently with Brand Managers, Affiliate Managers, Marketing as well as the broader company to share success stories, product and sales challenges, and understanding impactful product enhancements.
- Ensure a strong start for partnerships and affiliates as they are onboarded into programs.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive proposals.
- Partner across the organization, aligning on strategy and target prospects to support strategic action plans.
- Collaborate with product and technology teams on integration planning, requirements, and priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of B2B sales & partnership experience in Tech, Data, and/or SaaS environments for accounts billing over $1m per year
- Expert negotiator with a proven track record of prospecting potential partnerships with a relentless drive to chase all leads. Delivers convincing pitches while effectively handling objections that arise, tailors content/style to each customer, and writes persuasive and thoughtful email content
- Highly proficient in CRM tools like Hubspot or Salesforce; experience with Affiliate platforms like Impact Radius and Cake preferred.
- Excellent strategic and analytic skills to dissect and interpret data points across multiple sources. High proficiency using tools such as Excel & Powerpoint to analyze, organize, and present data findings in a clear, concise format. Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Experience developing and optimizing automated outreach programs and lead generation flows.
- Experience performing competitive analysis and providing unique business/industry insights.
- Experience managing a strong and efficient partner & affiliate onboarding process.
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role. Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has a relentless drive to achieve results; takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision. No egos allowed
- Excellent workflow management skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize to manage time effectively.
Within the first 90 days, this person will:
- Expand awareness of PeopleConnect capabilities in the marketplace
- Define offerings and incremental channel opportunities
- Partnering with internal Content leads, create content plan to promote subject matter expertise for PeopleConnect
- i.e. Hosting webinars, writing white pages etc.
- Develop and optimize automated outreach programs via Hubspot
- Partner with marketing teams to develop lead generation flows
The role will be measured based on:
- Active discussions (rate of contact)
- Negotiations/Proposals (rate of discussions)
- Closed deals (rate of proposals)
- Generated revenue from closed deals
Note for Principal Agencies - Principal agents should not forward resumes to PeopleConnect. PC will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.