PeopleConnect is hiring for our Classmates Division!
We are seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for a high traffic social networking/ecommerce website. You will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and cloud systems supporting a diverse application stack. You will help drive and implement the strategic choices in our evolving transformation from colo to cloud.
Classmates is the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.
While our current work arrangements are remote during the pandemic, our office is located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, a few blocks from Pike Place Market with easy access to many public transportation options. We offer a competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance for employee plans, Unlimited Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and 401k Plan with Company Match.
We have interesting technology and cool growth projects ahead with a multi-year migration to cloud services. You are expected to have full input and ownership in many projects and areas. At Classmates you will find people that are passionate to share their ideas and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. You will have the chance to work within a talented, tight-knit group to further a common toolset, and find innovative solutions to help technical teams deliver business features. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineers are trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
- Build and maintain Linux, storage, and network infrastructure to maximize resilience and performance.
- Manage systems and services across all environments.
- Plan, execute, and deliver key infrastructure and operational projects within budget.
- Deliver operational excellence, highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, excellent customer service, efficient and agile operations, measured with industry leading metrics.
- Develop relationships across the enterprise to ensure IT infrastructure and operational expectations are met and priorities are set at the appropriate level.
- Develop and improve automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Foster an environment that supports the drive for continuous improvement (productivity and quality) by initiating change and creating an environment that is conducive to change.
- Partner with the security function to ensure compliance standards and processes are met.
- Strong Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools to manage, provision and diagnose server, storage, and network issues.
- Solid working experience with server provisioning and capacity management.
- Experience with server & network monitoring and performance tools like DataDog, Zabbix, etc.
- Firm knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write Puppet manifests and templates (Chef/Ansible/SaltStack are acceptable alternatives).
- Strong knowledge of common technology principles (DNS, LDAP, high-availability, fault tolerance, load balancing, clustering, etc).
- Experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system performance, networking, and storage i/o issues.
- Experience with deployments to public clouds, preferably AWS.
- Experience with IAC tools. GitLab, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with ability to clearly articulate the right message to the right audience.
- Process-oriented, with strong project and change management skills, and flexibility to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, and mitigate roadblocks, particularly across teams.
- Familiarity with HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge blades, Dell-EMC Unity, Oracle ZFS, Cisco, and VMware products.
- Experience with networking concepts like load balancer, switches, firewalls, routers. Citrix NetScaler experience is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field (or equivalent)
- Successful career progression in technical organizations (multiple data centers, networks, applications).
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
PeopleConnect, Inc. dba Classmates is an equal opportunity employer.