PeopleConnect is hiring for our Classmates Division!
We are seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to lead a systems and infrastructure team for a high traffic social networking/ecommerce website. You will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and cloud systems supporting a diverse application stack. You will help drive and implement the strategic choices in our evolving transformation from colo to cloud.
Classmates is the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.
While our current work arrangements are remote during the pandemic, our office is located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, a few blocks from Pike Place Market with easy access to many public transportation options. We offer a competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance for employee plans, Unlimited Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and 401k Plan with Company Match.
We have interesting technology and cool growth projects ahead with a multi-year migration to cloud services. You are expected to have full input and ownership in many projects and areas. At Classmates you will find people that are passionate to share their ideas, and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. You will have the chance to work within a talented, tight-knit group to further a common toolset, and find innovative solutions to help technical teams deliver business features. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineering is trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
- Leads the planning, execution, and successful delivery of key infrastructure and operational projects within budget.
- Mentors and leads team while fostering a culture of delivering high value solutions and exceptional service.
- Delivers operational excellence; highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, excellent customer service, efficient and agile operations measured with industry leading metrics.
- Develops relationships across the enterprise to ensure their IT infrastructure and operational expectations are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate level.
- Fosters an environment that supports the drive for continuous improvement (productivity and quality) by initiating change and creating an environment that is conducive to change
- Partners with the security function to ensure compliance standards and processes are met.
- Strong Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools to manage, provision and diagnose server, VM, and storage issues.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and develop infrastructure team in collaboration with overall IT strategy.
- Solid working experience with server provisioning and capacity management. HP Proliant, Dell PowerEdge blades, Dell-EMC Unity, Oracle ZS, Cisco, and VMware.
- Experience with server & network monitoring and performance tools like DataDog, Zabbix, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with ability to clearly articulate the right message to the right audience.
- Process-oriented, with strong project and change management skills, and flexibility to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, particularly across teams.
- Self-starter who maps their own direction to succeed, and meets all financial and management goals on time.
- Demonstrated strength in capacity planning, vendor management, and contract negotiations.
- Current on trends in IT, and experience evaluating/implementing outsources solutions and service providers.
- Strong industry acumen with the ability to understand business priorities, operations, and IT enablement potential.
- Experience with compliance and information security. Familiarity with PCI/GDPR/CCPA.
- Strong knowledge of common Technology principles (DNS, LDAP, high-availability, fault tolerance, load balancing, clustering, etc).
- Experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system performance, and networking and storage i/o issues.
- Experience with deployments to public clouds, preferably AWS.
- Direct experience with storage technologies used to support data delivery, application deployments, and virtualization. Dell-EMC Unity and Oracle Storage experience preferred.
- Firm knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write puppet manifests and templates (chef/ansible/salt stack are acceptable alternatives).
- Experience with networking concepts like load balancer, switches, firewalls, routers. Netscaler experience is a plus.
- Experience with IAC tools. Gitlab, Teraform, Docker and Kubernetes experience a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
- 8+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration
- 5+ years of experience leading an infrastructure group in an ecommerce company
- Bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field (or equivalent)
- Successful career progression in technical organizations (multiple data centers, networks, applications).
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
PeopleConnect, Inc. dba Classmates is an equal opportunity employer.