Senior Vice-President Marketing
PeopleConnect’s People Search Division is hiring a Senior Vice-President, Marketing as we drive to achieve our ambitious growth goals. This newly created position reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer and is a key member of the executive team. The position offers highly competitive compensation including executive bonus and stock options.
Following the 2020 merger of PeopleConnect (Seattle) and The Control Group (San Diego), our newly-expanded People Search division includes four consumer brands: Truthfinder, Instant Checkmate, Intelius and US Search. We are an award-winning business with over 15 million customers nationwide; our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US, and our products have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Mashable, Entrepreneur and Business Insider and on 60 Minutes, CBS News and the Discovery Channel.
With the successful merger behind us, we are looking for the right leader to help propel the sales and marketing of our multiple consumer brands to new heights. We are expanding marketing channels, launching new products, and working to maximize the presence and positioning of our various brands in the marketplace. To join us as SVP Marketing, we are looking for a transformational executive who is both an expert performance marketer and an insightful brand strategist, a passionate professional who is able to maximize both short- and long-term business results.
At PeopleConnect, we have a vibrant and entrepreneurial culture that combines the budgets and resources of a large company with the agility, energy, and fast pace of a start-up. A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none; we embody the “work hard, play hard” mantra. As such, we’re looking for a skilled leader who fits our passionate, fast-paced and people-friendly culture, who lifts teams and individuals to achieve their greatest potential.
While our current work arrangements are remote during the pandemic, our division’s headquarters are in beautiful downtown San Diego, with a state-of-the-art office with stunning views of downtown, Petco Park and the Harbor. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and perks like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong and video games. We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company-paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), unlimited vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here!
Responsibilities of the SVP Marketing include (but are not limited to):
- Results-oriented marketing/sales leader with a solid track record of developing and executing strategic and tactical plans to achieve business results, revenue, EBITDA and growth goals.
- Highly effective leader who is collaborative, confident, open, approachable, passionate, compassionate and fearless.
- Key member of the executive team supporting the People Search brands on a broad range of marketing and sales matters that directly impact the business and operations.
- Is the Executive sales leader responsible for implementing strategic and tactical plans to achieve gross revenue, subscriber growth and retention improvement targets set forth by each brand, while supporting our EBITDA goals by managing operational costs and CPA targets.
- Directs marketing strategies and executional oversight across all marketing channels, campaigns and activities, driving increasing effectiveness from proven performance marketing channels (SEM, SEO, affiliate, display, native, mobile app channels) while effecting greater purchase consideration and subscriber engagement from expanded thought leadership, content marketing, social media and email channels.
- Plans and executes well-performing, well-coordinated promotion of new and existing products.
- Pioneers the exploration of new and emerging channels and technologies to continually advance marketing approaches—including new-to-the-company mid/upper-funnel media channels (e.g. streaming audio, DRTV) and drive improved subscriber engagement/retention (CRM capabilities).
- Pursues new growth markets—such as strategic B2B2C partnerships and targeted consumer and professional use cases.
- Mobilizes the execution of the team to deliver high ROI results with speed and efficiency; helps improve testing, campaign management, and other processes to optimize marketing spend.
- Leverages business intelligence and consumer insight to evolve marketing approaches and drive greater efficiency and effectiveness, such as through improved customer segmentation, media mix modeling or campaign analytics.
- Strengthens our company and product brands’ positioning and image in the marketplace—through strengthened messaging, reputation management, and branding (design, look and feel)—to build relevance and equity among target consumer audiences, while improving the reputation of the company and its stakeholders.
- Provides oversight and guidance to manage PeopleConnect’s portfolio of brands in the marketplace, both strategically—further defining each brand’s positioning and target market within the portfolio, and tactically—optimizing our collective market presence while minimizing cannibalization.
- Manages and leads all team and people aspects of the department (organization, goals, performance, coaching, development, hire, separation, etc.).
- Partners with Finance to develop and manage department budget and company annual forecasts.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other relevant field (or equivalent). MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience managing multiple consumer marketing disciplines and strategy across both sales-converting and awareness/consideration channels with demonstrating proven results.
- Including at least 3-5 years’ work experience as SVP or VP of Marketing leading a multi-disciplined, performance marketing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Some experience with subscription-based businesses and/or data products highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing successful, growth-driving marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of performance marketing channels, including SEM, SEO, Display, Native, Social and DRTV, as well as Content Marketing, Email Marketing/CRM, and influencer channels.
- Deep understanding of systems and techniques necessary to build, maintain and to scale a world-class digital marketing infrastructure focused on customers and prospects.
- Demonstrated experience in brand strategy and development, especially driving the development of target segments, brand personality and messaging strategies.
- Strong accountability to results, with demonstrated delivery against sales/revenue and CPA targets.
- Experience balancing short-term financial metrics while delivering against longer-term customer and brand metrics (LTV, loyalty/retention, brand perception, etc.).
- Exceptional leadership skills, with experience building, managing and developing/growing cohesive, high-performing teams.
- Relationship builder with positive outlook and collaborative approach; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue at all levels.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; ability to present and convey data and insights effectively, with experience presenting to CEO/Board level executives.
- Strong organizational/project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously, rolling up sleeves and being tactically involved as needed.
- Strong analytical skills; data/quantitative orientation.
- Exceptional time management, organizational/project management skills; proactive and prepared to avoid surprises or missed opportunities.
Note for Principal Agencies - Principal agents should not forward resumes to PeopleConnect. We will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.