AFFILIATE ACCOUNT MANAGER
PeopleConnect is hiring for our People Search Division (aka The Control Group TCG) as our business is GROWING!!! We are looking for a highly motivated Affiliate Account Manager that will work to maintain and expand current relationships with strategically important affiliate partners. This newly created position reports to the Manager of Partner Marketing and will be responsible for affiliate revenue and gross profit targets, managing affiliate partner relationships and achieving other strategic affiliate objectives. Are you a passionate Account Manager who understands how to build trust and nurture partner relationships while keeping a keen eye on strategic business goal achievement? If so, then this may be the opportunity for you!
People Search (aka TCG) is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Our San Diego state-of-the-art office has stunning views of beautiful downtown, Petco Park and the Harbor. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)! We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here!
You will already have solid Account Management experience with a strong knowledge of affiliate marketing, paid media marketing and/or e-commerce. You possess a high sense of urgency and are able to analyze trends and performance-based metrics to create actionable plans and data-driven insights for immediate results and future strategic growth. You have a unique combination of interpersonal and goal-oriented skills. You are a fearless, sincere, trustworthy, persistent and high-performing results-oriented Account Manager.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Responsible to maintain and expand productive, profitable, professional long-term affiliate partner relationships to meet/exceed affiliate revenue targets, gross profit margins and strategic objectives.
- Analyze trends and performance-based metrics to create actionable plans and data-drive insights for immediate results and future strategic growth.
- Main point of contact for assigned affiliates and partners, ensuring partners have their needs addressed quickly and effectively.
- Work with Manager of Partner Marketing to ensure smooth transitions in the sales process to go live.
- Facilitate technical setup and onboarding of new partners, including systems and process setup and troubleshooting (compliance review, invoicing, etc.).
- Maintain consistent, clear and accurate communications between partners and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for regular audit and consistent enforcement of partner program terms. Regularly audit affiliate partner websites and campaigns for compliance; monitor affiliate activity flags for potential fraud/compliance. Work with Manager of Partner Marketing and legal team to resolve violations.
- Monitor and analyze sales performance/metrics, web traffic and provide updated reporting to key stakeholders.
- Regularly report program performance to partners and internal key stakeholders (weekly status updates).
- Facilitate monthly/quarterly strategy sessions and business reviews with top partners, coordinate valuable trends and insights to share with partners. Support partners by helping them leverage best practices, creative assets, and performance trends and insights to help them continually grow sales.
- Coordinate partner billing with accounting to ensure that commissions and invoices are paid in timely and accurately.
- Perform various administrative tasks in support of the Marketing Department such as maintaining compliance records, updating CRM & daily sales data, filing contracts.
- Continuously learn and apply emerging technologies and techniques, pushing you and your team to new heights.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other relevant field (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years’ directly related Account Management and/or Affiliate Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of affiliate marketing, paid media marketing and/or e-commerce marketing.
- Strong knowledge of performance-based paid media metrics (e.g., CPA, EPC, Clicks and Conversion Rates).
- Must be able to consistently meet/exceed performance goals/objectives (sales, CPA, customer satisfaction, etc.).
- Proven effective account management and partner relations skills including fostering an environment that values partners.
- Must be confident, self-assured to be seen as an equal partner to Affiliates.
- Must be authentic, trustworthy, honest and dependable with reliable follow through.
- Exceptional communications and active listening skills with strong ability to write/speak for impact. Must be able to clearly articulate the company's products/services and explain the advantages to partners in a way that is persuasive without being pushy while still meeting company goals/objectives.
- Must have strong business insights and be keenly aware of industry shifts and business trends to actively identify new areas of growth and opportunities. Must be a strategic facts-based thinker and able to understand the bigger picture.
- Strong ability to analyze data, present and convey data and insights.
- Must be service-oriented and empathetic with a deep understanding of the goals, drivers, and needs of others.
- Must be a problem solver, one who hustles to find a solution and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Must have some experience with Cake and/or Affiliate marketing platforms such as (Impact Radius, Has offers).
- Some experience with HubSpot and/or other CRM highly desirable.
- Some experience with analytics tools such as Tableau/ Google Analytics highly desirable.
- Some experience with Excel highly desirable.
- Takes responsibility and is accountable for their actions and outcomes.
- Exceptional time management, organizational/project management skills; proactive and prepared to avoid surprises or missed opportunities.
- Must be a strong team player and highly collaborative, while still being able to operate independently.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Excited to learn new things.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.