*Only local candidates will be considered for this role
PeopleConnect is hiring for our Classmates division!
We are looking for talented Magento Commerce developers to drive our growing business. Classmates.com is used by millions of customers and the Commerce team leverages Magento 2 and custom Classmates services to create great experiences for our unique social media site.
In addition to our subscription services, our digital Yearbook collection is built on hundreds of thousands of books that have been scanned, OCR’d, and then indexed for our customers. Customers can view their yearbook and order printed versions. We invest heavily in our analytics infrastructure and leverage Hadoop and Snowflake to feed our reporting systems.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Commerce Team, you will help to provide framework development, prototyping, rapid testing, and implement version updates.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- You know who the customer is and why that’s important
- Get inspired on a daily basis, think of new ideas and like to share them with others
- Get satisfaction from helping others become better developers and team members
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Create platform improvements driving better functionality, experiences, and conversion
- Design and create multivariate tests, publishing results with insights
- Working in an agile team, performing code and design reviews
- Deliver on time with high quality
- Follow and encourage best practices such as technical documentation on the wiki
- Work with technology and business stakeholders in gathering requirements and for delivery of projects through all phases and into production
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Leadership, critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a lean/agile environment
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience troubleshooting complex commerce systems
- Experience successfully leading software development projects
Languages / Frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- 3+ years of experience with any Commerce frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with NodeJS and Ember
- 3+ years of experience developing within a Unix/Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience in data modeling and SQL skills.
- Test-driven development advocate using mocked tests
Additionally, successful candidates will possess several or all of the following:
- Magento 2 Certified Professional Cloud Developer
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Optimize
- A keen understanding of web page performance optimizations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer