Executive Assistant (Hybrid San Diego, CA)
PeopleConnect People Search is looking for an Executive Assistant - to join our award-winning team to support C-Level Executives and other stakeholders. This position reports to the Director of Office Administration. If you are exceptionally bright, experienced, energetic and self-motivated, then this may be the opportunity for you
PeopleConnect People Search is a GROWING, award-winning web development company with over one million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Employees enjoy flexible work hours every day whether working remote or in office. Our hybrid work schedule will offer flexibility to work from home a few days a week and work in office a few days a week. Additional flexibility may be considered for candidates outside of the greater San Diego area. When in office, employees are able to enjoy our state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown, Petco Park and the San Diego Harbor. Our dog-friendly office includes complimentary snacks, beverages and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)!
We offer very competitive salary + generous bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here!
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks for C-level Executives and other stakeholders within the organization. Ideal candidate is high energy, self-motivated, adapts well to change in a fast-paced environment with strong communication skills. He or she will be responsible for organizing and prioritizing tasks, serving as the first point of contact for executives, and anticipating needs to keep day-to-day activities and schedules for executives running smoothly. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with professionals inside and outside the company is critical, as is a good sense of humor.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Manage multiple executive calendars to provide more-streamlined, efficient scheduling of meetings, calls, and other events in a fast-paced environment, ensuring timeliness and correct attendees.
- Arranging complex and detailed commercial travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Must maintain a high degree of success prioritizing business needs, meeting confidentiality requirements, and maximizing key stakeholders’ time leveraging their schedules to the best degree possible.
- Assist senior leadership and participate in projects and tasks as needed, including coordinating deck input for large meetings, helping the affiliate marketing team conduct advertising compliance reviews, and other tasks or projects as determined by leadership.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Organizes meetings and other special events, prepares and oversees the budgets for these events.
- Coordinate/assist with executives’ travel and manage expense reports.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents.
- Keep Executives well informed of upcoming commitments, following up appropriately.
- With support and oversight from the Director of Office Administration, plan and execute corporate events for the San Diego team that deliver on the company’s vision and values and strengthen internal relationships and culture.
- Assist and participate in voice of employee (VOE)/pulse surveys with HR and Senior Executive and Administrative Services Director.
- Provide direct support to the Director of Office Administration for Bellevue office cultural drivers, monthly events, holiday parties, and other events as needed.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between internal departments by working closely with all departments and divisions.
- Demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Senior Leadership and Director of Office Administration.
- Act as a barometer, having a strong business acumen.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively.
- Additionally, provide administrative office support when necessary.
Day-to-Day Operational Management:
- Serve as the first point of contact for property management/landlord in respective offices, handling tasks and requests and escalating as needed to the Director of Office Administration.
- Manage vendors for regular or as-needed maintenance for the San Diego (headquarters) office. Assist with scheduling of vendors for two other divisions (located in WA and San Diego) as needed.
- Manage and organize office common areas, including office inventory, mail and shipping procedures, as well as parking and daily travel logistics for employees.
- Manage office food and beverage vendors, as well as interim stocking as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of executive administrative experience reporting directly to senior management
- Experience in a high-growth startup preferred
- Availability for occasional overnight travel to WA
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office Products & Suite, & Google Workspace
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Apple/Mac products
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a rapid workspace
- Other duties as assigned
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Note for Principal Agencies - Principal agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.