PeopleConnect is hiring for our Classmates Division!
Classmates’ one-of-a kind social network helps hundreds of millions of users connect on our scaled platform. We support billions of connections annually through our distinct social media, messaging, and reunions platforms. We also maintain the largest digital yearbook platform with millions of images.
At Classmates, you’ll experience a collaborative culture focused on continual improvement where a casual atmosphere and belief in balance supports our empowered teams.
We are seeking a Manager of Infrastructure Engineering to drive platform changes and updated architectures supporting complex fanout, user generated content, e-commerce, and messaging platforms. You will work closely with a talented group of software engineers, system admins, and site reliability engineers on a multi-year project to transform, automate, and improve systems across the infrastructure.
Current projects include:
- Updating data pipeline and fanout services
- Migration of critical services and data assets from colo to cloud
- Embracing GraphQL and NoSQL cache and fanout solutions
- Evolution of culture and team to adopt Dev/Ops practices
- Coach, Mentor, and Empower the technical team. Provide leadership while solving tactical issues. Develop best practices across teams, and contribute to improvement and delivery of services. Lead design reviews and retrospectives.
- Evangelize Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD. Lead efforts with new application deployment technologies. Partner with other engineering leaders to guide conversations and best practices in application architecture and cloud infrastructure. Advocate for performance, security, and automation.
- Collaborate closely with Dev teams on proper architectural decisions; communicate team priorities, system improvements, and changes to stakeholders, vendors and partners to support and deliver solutions for the business.
- Understand the business and guide technology solutions to deliver results, through collaboration and coordination across business units to determine requirements and deliverables for projects. Define roadmaps and priorities for growing and scaling our AWS deployment and associated tooling.
- Define process, metrics, and SLAs for our operations and infrastructure. Monitor the performance and reliability of our sites. Partner with other teams to investigate and resolve their performance issues related to scalability, response time, or resource usage.
- Curiosity, imagination, intuition.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity:holding personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization. High standards and drive to deliver great work, and establish credibility by the quality of execution from you and your team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills:seek-out and value collaboration with engineering leadership across the company. Articulates information clearly and respectfully, and comfortable presenting to both multi-disciplined technology groups and non-technical business users.
- Technology leadership:Proven record of success in leading engineering teams to build and deliver services at scale. Lead by example, care for your team. Able to align technology decisions with business goals; customer oriented and dedicated to excellence - attentive to both internal and external customer experience.
- Strong project management skills:able to be creative within a structured environment; plans and prioritizes work effectively with minimal oversight; manages multiple initiatives simultaneously, remains organized, meets deadlines and delivers exceptional results.
- Experience in system analysis:excellent perspective and technical insight, and understands process to solve problems in complex systems. Emphasis on identification of performance constraints and troubleshooting. Demonstrated ability to lead during incident management.
- Versed in commonly used technologies: including data platforms using Hadoop, Kafka, and GraphDB and service platforms using Java/Apache, or NodeJs.
- 5+ years in an Enterprise environment (Infrastructure, Software)
- 3+ years in an Architecture related role
- 3+ years’ experience managing teams
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years Development/engineering/administration of large scale, customer facing, web services.
- 5+ years Software engineering or programming with modern languages such as Java, JS, or Python
- 3+ years Open-source technologies: Apache, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with containerized deployment using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent understanding of networking technologies.
- Strong understanding of security best practices to protect systems and customer data.
*Local candidates only or must be willing to relocate upon offer.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer