Sr. Affiliate Marketing Manager
PeopleConnect People Search is looking for an experienced Sr. Affiliate Marketing Manager to own the growth of our affiliate program and accelerate the acquisition of new partner channels that grow sustainable revenue. We are looking for a visionary leader who can balance short- and long-term strategies and break into untapped channels to create unique alliances that drive consistent performance in our affiliate and digital marketing partnership initiatives.
PeopleConnect People Search is a GROWING award-winning web development company with over 2+ million PeopleConnect customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Employees enjoy flexible work hours every day whether working remote or in office. Our hybrid work schedule will offer flexibility to work from home a few days a week and work in office a few days a week. Additional flexibility may be considered for candidates outside of the greater San Diego area. When in office, employees are able to enjoy our state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown, Petco Park and the San Diego Harbor. Our dog-friendly office includes complimentary snacks, beverages and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)!
We offer very competitive salary + generous commission package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out here!
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- A proven record of maintaining excellent client relationships working as a Senior or Affiliate Manager previously.
- Ability to compose creative ways to increase brand awareness and build brilliant relationships with your team and clients to bring your ideas to life.
- Experience with overall affiliate program management.
- Focus on helping your people to be brilliant while building a Best-In-Class affiliate marketing team/program.
- Develop the foundational strategy, as well as lead the tactical execution and management of our affiliate marketing program. Coach, mentor and lead an affiliate account manager.
- Lead all recruitment, activation, and communication to affiliates, and oversee the day to day management of publishers, contracts, implementations, campaigns, and performance.
- Track affiliate program’s success and regularly analyze data and metrics to improve performance and enhance efficiency.
- Drive compliance and ensure alignment with brand guidelines, editorial policies, and data usage best practices.
- Analyze trends and performance-based metrics to create actionable plans and data-driven insights for immediate results and future strategic growth.
- Ensure smooth transitions in the sales process as new affiliates are onboarded and go live, partnering effectively across the organization.
- Facilitate technical setup and onboarding of new partners, including systems and process setup and troubleshooting (compliance review, invoicing, etc.).
- Maintain consistent, clear and accurate communications between partners and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate partner billing with accounting to ensure that commissions and invoices are paid in timely and accurately.
- Continuously learn and apply emerging technologies and techniques, pushing you and your team to new heights.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other relevant field (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of direct affiliate management experience (in-house, agency, network) including sales experience with responsibility for outreach and pipeline management required
- Proven track record of building and scaling affiliate programs with budgets of $20MM or higher
- Knowledge of and experience working with Affiliate Networks (Impact preferred)
- Experience coaching, leading and mentoring team members
- Self-starter with strong written and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of performance-based paid media metrics (e.g., CPA, EPC, Clicks and Conversion Rates).
- Strong working knowledge of Hubspot (preferred) or Salesforce
- Strong working knowledge of affiliate management systems, Cake (preferred), Impact Radius, Share A Sale, Commission Junction, etc
- Familiarity with Tableau and Google Analytics
- Exceptional communications and active listening skills with strong ability to write/speak for impact. Must be able to clearly articulate the company's products/services and explain the advantages to partners in a way that is persuasive without being pushy while still meeting company goals/objectives.
- Have experience with large agency affiliate networks and affiliate cost per sale networks
- Extremely organized and high level of attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- You are independent and a problem solver at heart. You are data-driven, strategic, and have an execution mindset.
- You know how to close deals and you are confident and persuasive
Note for Principal Agencies - Principal agents should not forward resumes to PeopleConnect. PC will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.